Monday 4 January 2010

Out With The Old. In With The Old



Well 2009 is officially over and has been for several days. So here's to everyone having a successful 2010. Back in 2009-December 12th as I recall-I went to the Frazer Nash Party at Hereford's Green Dragon Hotel. I got the invite as a consequence of winning the Geoghegan Trophy at Cadwell Park back in June. What a bash the Chain Gang put on. Brilliant entertainment and I didn't get the whipping I thought I deserved, having won their trophy in a Riley!

Well the Christmas break was a long one . I managed to get a number of jobs done on the motors including changing the drop gears in the Cooper. Oh for a Hewland box! Both the Amilcar and the MG were prepared for the short blast to Stony Stratford on New Year's day. Vintage Stony was very well organised and pleasingly I was awarded an expensive bottle of champagne for bringing the most desirable car or something similar. So well done to the Amilcar which is often a 'show stopper'. On the return home I thundered past a few modern cars on the A5. Even though I was running on methanol I avoided any icing problems with the blower by blanking off the radiator.

Well I am not changing the AMG. I was tempted by a Porsche Cayman S which I road tested before Christmas. Fun car, especially with a seven speed box. However, too much dosh for my budget, especially when the depreciation is factored in. So it is a case of staying with the 'Old' in 2010. Here's to a Vintage Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment