Monday 8 February 2010

Green shoots






Well we are now into February and it won't be long before the fist vintage race meeting of the season - VSCC Silverstone on April 24th. Now some of you might be thinking it is a long time off...what's he thinking of. Well the truth is that time always seems to run out no matter how much you pre-plan the fettling of motor cars. It's the nature of the game.


Last year John Guyatt established a series for pre-war sports cars and I am delighted that it will run again this year. The grids were full and there was lots of close racing. Better still there was oodles of hospitality and fun. Known as the D.O.M. series I was the joint winner of the championship...if it was a championship. Now you might wonder what D.O.M. stands for. Well it does stand for Dirty old Man and as a Driver Owner Mechanic I am often dirty!


Now before one gets to play with vintage cars there is opportunity to race Formula Juniors. I may well get the Cooper out but first I have to buy a new harness and extinguisher. My old Willans harness is now out of date. But rather than throw away what is only a five year old product, I may well find alternative use of the harness. Suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment